2.07.2014

More Songs About Feelings and Women

“When I was sick and alone, songs came out fully formed,” Murdoch had told me earlier. “I became obsessed with writing about people in terrible situations, people who didn’t have a voice.” He ran his slender hand through strawberry blond hair. “Then I tried to get happy, that happiness you feel when you start acting like a 12-year-old again.” Murdoch let out a mirthful laugh. “I started thinking about girls. The sad songs don’t come as fast anymore.”
...Murdoch's health has improved remarkably, but he still moves gingerly, as if he doesn’t want to wake his own body. After playing for a while, he rose slowly from the piano and refreshed everyone’s drink. “We lost a lot of the original fans when I stopped being miserable,” Murdoch told me recently. “But the only thing worse than being miserable is sentimentalizing misery as a desired state.” 


http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/magazine/28Murdoch-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

No hay comentarios: